The Rough Diamond Course (Intense 5 Day) is designed to develop your experience of the gemology of rough diamonds through techniques such as marking, sorting, planning and Evaluation of Rough Diamond.
The course is an intense course compacted into 5 days, the same course as our two week course but adapted to o accommodate the fast leaner who does not have time available to do the full two week course.
Each lesson will be focused around both theory and practical of various techniques.
Classes run from 8.30am – 15.30pm Monday – Friday. and limited to only two students.
Rough diamonds are the basic building blocks of the industry. In order to extract the most value we will demonstrate how to handle every aspect of the rough stone.
The course includes the following subjects:
- Methods of Identifying natural and lab-grown as well as Imitation and fake Diamonds;
- Evaluation, Appraisal and pricing according to accepted industry criteria;
- Grading and Gemological Certification of the various recommended Grading laboratory (GIA, EGL AGL HRD)
- Sources of Rough Diamonds;
- Marking, Planning and Evaluation of Rough Diamond;
- Using Tools of the trade;
Rough Diamonds Lecturers
Tony Bula / Corlia Roberts
Duration of course
5 Days, totaling 42 hours
Cost R13500.00 / USD $ 1500.00
At the end of the course, after having taken and passed both theoretical and practical exams, the participant will receive a certificate indicating that he or she has successfully completed The Rough Diamond and Evaluation Course.