Diamond Grading Course.
This is five-day theoretical and practical diamond grading training module.
This course aims to give students a comprehensive background and knowledge of diamond and diamond grading.
- How diamonds are formed,
- the pricing of the polished gemstone, with the main emphasis on the practical grading of
- clarity and
- proportions using the laboratory equipment.
The course modules are as follows:
- Diamond crystallography and formation
- De Beers and the State Diamond Trader
- Famous diamonds and people
- History and stages of diamond cutting and polishing
- How to use the Equipment and Tools
- Grading and identification (including proportion, colour, plotting and clarity grading; weight estimates; and finish analysis)
- Diamond simulants and fracture filling
- Pricing of polished gems (using the recognized internationally accepted price list)
Students that complete the course, passing both the theoretical and practical examinations will receive a certificate.